Social Icons

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Psalms 80-89

Psalm 80:3, 7, 19 
Restore us, O God; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved...Restore us, O God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved...Restore us, O God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.


Repetition is important in poetry.  It's important because the author wants you to remember that line specifically.  I think this is an early form of a chorus or refrain.  Many modern songs today have choruses and refrains.

Psalm 81:2-3 
Begin the music, strike the tambourine, play the melodies harp and lyre.  Sound the rams horn at the New Moon, and when the moon is full, on the day of our Feast.


Any noise is joyous to the Lord!  See this post here on the Luther, Baptists, and Evangelicals blog.

I was reminded of this earlier this week when talking with a friend.  My friend stated that no matter what style of worship we go to, whether contemporary or traditional, we all believe in one thing: Jesus Christ is our Savior, and he died for our sins (I felt like I was punched in the face after my friend told me this).

Psalm 88 reminds me of a song, especially the last verse of the psalm.


Psalm 88:18 
You have taken my companions and loved ones from me; the darkness is my friend.








0 comments:

Post a Comment