Social Icons

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hebrews

I will be sharing some reflections on the book of Hebrews today.

Hebrews was written by Paul to help strengthen the faith of early Christians.  Jesus here is referred to as a High Priest, much like Melchizadek in the Old Testament.

Hebrews 5: 12
 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again.  You need milk, not solid food!
Oh the Lord knows how elementary I am with Christianity.  I think all of us still have a lot of learning to do.

Hebrews 6:1
Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God...
Dear Lord, help me mature.

Hebrews 6:10
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.


If you read my blog, you'll know that I love doing what's called Kindness Outreaches.  At church, we have cards that we use to buy other people's food for them.  It's a good way to show God's love.

I just hope that God will say, "Well done, good and faithful servant," when it's my time to leave.


0 comments:

Post a Comment