Social Icons

Monday, March 19, 2012

Psalms 6-19


I've decided to go through all the Psalms, ten at a time.  Because I only did five Psalms last time, I have to make up for lost time.

Both Psalm 8, 9, and 10 need to be completely highlighted in my Bible.

Psalm 9:9
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 10:12 
Arise, Lord!  Lift up your hand, O God.  Do not forget the helpless.  Why does the wicked man revile God?  Why does he say to himself, "He won't call me to account?"  But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand.
Psalm 12:8 
The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.

Hatred and greed.

Psalm 13: 1-2 
How long, O Lord?  Will you forget me forever?  How long will you hide your face from me?  How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart?  How long will my enemy triumph over me?

I pray this something like this a lot.  When I'm feeling alone, I pray to God why I don't feel welcomed.  I pray why I don't feel loved by people.  Yes it may just be my depression talking.



But then I read this......


Psalm 13:6 
I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me.

Ah, yes.  He's been very good.  Warm bed, car, good food, friends, electricity, television.....computer......uh.....iPod.......college.......other stuff......



0 comments:

Post a Comment