Social Icons

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Psalms 30-39

Psalm 30 is a psalm of Thanksgiving.

Psalm 30:5...weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.


This reminds me of a Cash song.


Psalm 32:7You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 33:2Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringled lyre.  Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
I have to constantly remind myself that guitars are allowed in church.  I grew up in a traditional church with a pipe organ, piano, and choir.  Although I'm not a fan of contemporary church services, I still need to remind myself that they are another way of worshipping God.  If you read any of my older posts, you can see that my view has changed.  I used to be a die-hard traditionalist, who thought that contemporary worship was of the Devil.  I don't think that way anymore, (at least I don't try to).




0 comments:

Post a Comment