Social Icons

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Psalms 50-59

I think we just dealt with Psalm 51 in church last week.


According to my notes, this is a psalm of confession.  Both kinds of sin are documented in this psalm.

1.) Original sin
2.) Act of sin
Psalm 51:3For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
Sin is always, and always will be, there.

Psalm 51:5Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

This is Original Sin, which is documented in Article II of the Augsburg Confession, which my church adult Sunday School is discussing at this time period.

Psalm 51:10Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

 This is a song that the Senior Choir at church does every so often.  It's a great one.  I can't seem to find a version of it on YouTube.

Psalm 55:2Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer my.   My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught.



0 comments:

Post a Comment