Social Icons

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Another school year complete...

....As I look back and reflect on the school year, I realize I have grown spiritually so much.

I have taken three religion courses (an introduction, Jesus Through The Ages, and Reformation and Enlightenment).  Not only have I learned more about religion and Christianity, but I have learned more about Jesus and myself.

Only lately have I been reading the Bible more thanks to a dear friend of mine to whom I look up to a lot and is an inspiration to me.  It breaks my heart to know that I won't be seeing him until next January, because I won't be at Capital next semester (it's my professional semester, which means I have to go to the Recording Workshop in Chillicothe, Ohio, and my internship).

Things I have accomplished:

I have read all the Psalms.
I have read Matthew twice.
I have read Mark once, and I'm in the process of reading it again.
I have read Luke once,
and I've read John once.

I have read Jude, Titus, Hebrews, James, Peter, 1-3 John, and others that I can't remember.

Whenever I see a verse that questions me, I ask someone, usually my pastor, about how to interpret it.  For example, I had a question about Matthew 5:48.

[Jesus said:] "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

I got a quick response.  You can see the response here. 


I have also come to love writing more, even if I'm still not very good at it.  I have come to love writing here on this blog about my growth as a Christian.


I love responding to emails and comments.  Feel free to send me an email in the Contact page above, or in the many blog posts I have made.

I hope to keep up blogging throughout the summer because I know at least one person reads it.

Have a good summer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment