Social Icons

Friday, April 6, 2012

The Three Trees

I was reminded today of a story that my church put on a couple of times about three trees.  Here's the story.

There were three trees on a hill.  The three trees were beautiful.

The first tree said, "When I get cut down, I'm going to be made into a treasure chest, where kings can put all of their gold in me."

The second tree said, "When I get cut down, I'm going to be made into a giant ship where many people can sail on me."

The third three said, "I'm going to stay here, and be the tallest tree in the world, and when the world looks up at me, they will see me pointing to heaven."


______

The first tree was cut down.  Unfortunately, it wasn't made into a grand, lavish treasure chest.  It was made into a lowly manger.

One on cold December night, a man and a woman had a baby, and put the baby into the manger.

______

The second tree was cut down.  It wasn't made into a giant ship, much to the dismay of the second tree.  Instead, it was made into a lowly fishing boat.

One night, a big storm cam through, and all but one of the occupants were scared.  The sleeping occupant rose, told the storm to be quiet, and the storm stopped.
______

The third tree was heartbroken when it was cut down.  "I just wanted to be the tallest tree in the world so people can look up to God in heaven."

The tree was cut into lowly pieces of lumber.  One day, two pieces of the tree were nailed together.  A man was places on it, and nailed to it.
______

The first tree realized something and said, "It wasn't God's will to make me into a grand treasure chest, because I held the greatest treasure in the world. Jesus."

The second tree said, "It wasn't God's will to make me into a giant ship, but into a small fishing boat, with whom one of my occupants would be able to calm storms.  His name was Jesus."

The third tree said, "It wasn't God's will to make me the tallest tree in the world.  A man was nailed to me, and died to save our sins.  This man was Jesus."

____________________
In other news, I went to the doctor again last night.  I told him I don't like this medicine I was on (Viibryd), and asked him to put me on something else.  He put me on Pristiq.

Pray that this medicine helps me get better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment