Social Icons

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Just met a young woman walking...

I am sitting outside in my usual spot by Renner hall when a young woman, who we are going to call Destiny, walked up and said, "Hi."  She seemed nice.  We talked a little bit about academic programs at Capital, and she says she either wants to be a journalist, or a mortician.  Since I told her that Capital offers a biochemistry major, she asked me to look up journalism.  Sure enough, Capital offers a journalism degree.

We talked a little bit about her and I found out she has depression like I do.  She is currently on Prozac, the same medicine which my doctor took me off of.  She told me that she had recently swallowed a bottle of pills in an attempt to end her life.  Both of her parents are dead, and she was the person who found them.  I think this event may have triggered her depression.  She told me about how she doesn't like high school and that everyone was so immature, (I THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL).

After a while, she said goodbye and walked away.

Pray for Destiny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment