Social Icons

Friday, December 13, 2013

"What The Hell Was That?"

"What the hell was that?" That was the topic of one of my last papers during the last fall semester of my undergraduate career. 

"What the hell was that?" Three and a half years ago, I was a poor country boy from Hocking County, Ohio. I felt like a loser for having a dad in the hospital struggling to stay alive. I was still struggling to make friends with those around me. I was trying to sever my relationship with those from high school. Three and a half years later, I'm a city slicker with a very close and wonderful group of friends that I'm proud to call my own. Michael, Adam, Victoria, Emily, Alex, Tim, Anthony, Dylan, Mike, Caleb, Peter, Jared, Mike, John, Brian, thank you all for being so supportive.

"What the hell was that?" Three and a half years ago, I had no idea if I would be staying in my program. I wasn't taking classes that I was interested in. I was taking a class on composition that involved random noises. Where in the world will this be useful? Three and a half years later, I have a songwriting career that is about to, hopefully, take off.

"What the hell was that?" Three and a half years ago, I was struggling with my faith. How could God cause my father to be so sick? Three and a half years later, my father is happy, healthy, and working.

"What the hell was that?" Three and a half years ago, I was wondering where I would be working when I graduate. Three and a half years later, I am blessed to have several part time jobs with Smoke and Fire Audio, BeckTech Audio, pagetech limited, and Holy Spicoli.

"What the hell was that?" Three and a half years ago, I was just a brother, son, nephew, and grandson. Three and a half years later, I am not only a brother, son, nephew, and grandson, but a future uncle as well.

"What the hell was that?" Three and a half years ago, I was debt free. Three and a half years later, I owe over $40,000 to Wells Fargo and the government.

Thanks to EVERYBODY who has come into my life. I'm down seven semesters, with one to go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment