Social Icons

Sunday, May 26, 2013

St. Matthew To Remain With ELCA....At Least For Another 2 Week

Last Sunday, the people of St. Matthew Lutheran Church in Logan, Ohio, spoke their voice when they voted down a measure to disaffiliate with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and join the North American Lutheran Church.



This has been the second time in two years that we've done so, with the measure failing both times.

Now, today before the service, the congregation president announced another vote in two weeks.  This time, it is a measure to dual-affiliate with the ELCA and the NALC.

I was a pro-ELCA voter in 2010.  I was a pro-NALC voter last week.  Let's just say I'm NOT happy with this.  This will be the third time we've dealt with this issue.

I expressed my concern on Twitter a few moments ago.  Pastor Jonathan Conrad of Grace Lutheran Church in Thomasville, North Carolina corresponded with me.  He said something that struck me hard. If the church is still fighting this issue, it has turned it into an idol and its ministry has been lost.

We shared some "have a good holiday" talk, and he offered to pray for me.  (Thanks, Pastor Conrad).

0 comments:

Post a Comment