Social Icons

Saturday, October 26, 2013

From The Book of Psalms: What I Sometimes Feel

From the book of Psalms:

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God.  Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. (4:1)

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. (5:2)

Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. (6:2

O Lord, my God, if I have done this and there is guilt on my hands-if I have done evil to him who is at peace with me or without cause have robbed my foe -- then let my enemy pursue me and overtake me; let him trample my life to the ground and make me sleep in the dust. (7:3-5)

Why, O Lord, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? (10:1)

How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?  How long will you hide your face form me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? (13:1-2)


My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? (22:1)

Rescue me from the mouth of th lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen. (22:21)

Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. (25:18)

Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorry, my soul and body with grief.  My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning.  My strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak. (31:9)

For I hear the slander of many; there is terror on every side; they conspire against me, and plot to take my life. (31:13)

O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger and discipline me in your wrath.  For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me.  Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin.  My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear.  My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly.  I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning.  My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body.  I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart. (38:1-8)

For troubles without number surround me, my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.  They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.  Be please, O Lord, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.  (40:12:13)

LIsten to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer my.  My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught. (55-1-2)

Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. (69-14)

I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me. (69-29)

Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of evil and cruel men. (71-4)

Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone. For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together. They say, "God has forsaken him; pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him."  Be not far from me, O God; come quickly, O my God, to help me.  May my accusers perish in shame; may those who want to harm me be covered with scorn and disgrace.  (71:9-13)

Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy-Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.  You are my God; Save your servant who trusts in you.  Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long.  Bring joy to your servant, for to you, o Lord, I lift up my soul. (86-1-4)

Why, O Lord, do you reject me and hide your face from me?  From my youth I have been afflicted and close to death; I have suffered your terrors and am in despair.  Your wrath has swept over me; your terrors have destroyed me.  All day long they surround me like a flood, they have completely engulfed me.  you have taken my companions and loved ones from me; the darkness is my closest friend. (88:14-18)

Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry for help come to you.  Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress.  Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.  For you days vanish like smoke; my bonds burn like glowing embers.  My heart is blighted and withered like grass; I forget to eat my food.  Because of my loud groaning I am reduced to skin and bones.  I am like  desert owl, like an owl among the ruins.  I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof.  All day long my enemies taunt me; those who rail against me use my name as a curse.  For I eat ashes as my food and mingle my drink with tears because of your great wrath, for you have taken me up and thrown me aside.  My days are like the evening shadow; I wither away like grass.  (102:1-11)

But you, O sovereign Lord, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me.  For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me.  I fade away like an evening shadow; I am shaken off like a locust.  My knees give way from fasting; my body is thin and gaunt.  I am an object of scorn to my accusers; when they see me, they shake their heads.  help me, O Lord, my God; save me in accordance with your love. (109:21-26)

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.  Keep me from deceitful ways; be gracious to me through your law. (119:28-29)

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord. (130:1)

O Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me.  Hear my voice when I call to you. (141:1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment